Thursday, September 24, 2009

The "Crackberry"

As I walk through campus every day, I see probably about 100 blackberry’s also known as a "crackberry". Why are they called that do you ask? They are addicting, and for everyone who has one... don't lie... they really are. Since I got my AT&T blackberry a little bit more than a year ago, I have not been able to put it down, and I don’t know why.

Some of the applications on the blackberry are phone, texting, BBMing, internet, and MP3 player. Blackberry Messenger, also known as BBMing, is like AIM but for everyone with a berry. Each phone comes with a PIN number, which is used as your blackberry messenger contact number. You can create your own information, including your own name and quote. On the internet, the blackberry user can get to any website available on the computer like Google and even Facebook. On the MP3 player, people can download their entire playlist from their computer onto their blackberry. Also the blackberry user has their own email address, and can also have their emails forwarded to their cell phone. Unlike the competition (Apple's iPhone) the blackberry has a bigger screen, and a bigger keyboard including all types of smiley faces and punctuations. So instead of running around looking for a computer, you pretty much have a computer in a portab le hand held device. It’s perfect.

A friend of mine actually just got a blackberry about 3 days ago. What did she do? She sprinted into my apartment, screaming that she FINALLY has her blackberry. A fiend already? She has had it for 3 days, and she can't put it down; asking everyone for their "PIN" number and uploading different games and such onto her beloved blackberry.

So, why is the blackberry so addicting? If anyone knows… please let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I got my first blackberry the summer after I graduated high school. I'm now into my second year of college, and am just now getting rid of it, so I had it for about a year and a half. In this time, I went from an AT&T blackberry to a Verizon blackberry. Now, I can't afford the extra $30 a month on my plan to keep it. I'm going to a dare, but I'm gonna miss my blackberry! I don't understand what it is about them that attracts people. They look sleek and some might even say sexy, and that trackball just makes life so much easier. I love the bbm, and the internet. I'm going to be so sad to let go of my blackberry. But, knowing me, I'll be back to one probably after a year with my dare. I'll just miss it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have a blackberry and I am obsessed. I can never put it down and I often feel like I am missing a part of me when I do not have it. I do not know why it is so addicting. I think because there are so many applications on it and there are so many you can download. After having a blackberry for about a year now there is no way I could ever go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting a blackberry next week and cannot wait. I want one so that I can do everything all with one device. Everyone I know that has one is the same way, they can't put it down. I have had the same phone for about a year and I can't stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgggg, i want a crackberry soooo bad, everyone around me has one and i feel so out the loop, everyone walks around campus BBM'ing and im just so sad because i am not in the loop
    i am getting one for christmas so i cant wait. i am soooooo excited because i refuse to come back to school next semester without a blackberry, i know that souds kind of selfish but i dont care loll
    i am going to get me a blackberry!!!

    ReplyDelete